Three Steps to Cheaper Acura RSX Insurance
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Cutting the check for each renewal on your Acura RSX might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
Comparing insurance rates for a Acura RSX only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your RSX, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on RSX Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your RSX insurance costs.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Repair shops have more expenses when repairing damage on luxury vehicles, so they will charge your insurance company more to make the repairs. This will be evident in your insurance rates even if you don't have a claim.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Due to the sporty nature of the RSX, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- If your vehicle comes with safety features such as electronic stability control, head restraints, all-wheel drive or air bags, these all help keep insurance costs down by helping reduce accident injuries.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your RSX is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Knowing which company to insure your RSX with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Acura off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new RSX at risk as soon as you drive away.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates