Three Easy Steps to Lower Aston Martin DB9 Insurance Rates
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Cutting the check for each renewal on your Aston Martin DB9 might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Aston Martin DB9 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your DB9.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper DB9 Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your DB9 insurance costs.
- If you need the extra performance that your Aston Martin DB9 gives you, then you'll have to pay extra to insure it. Higher performance cars tend to be more expensive to insure.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your DB9 means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- If a quick quarter mile is your goal, the DB9 will answer the call. But if cheap insurance rates are your goal, then you might want to consider trading down to a lower performance vehicle.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before your company pays a comprehensive or collision claim. If you increase your deductibles, you will pay less for these coverages.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your DB9 with.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Aston Martin DB9 will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new DB9 will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates