Guide to Insuring your Aston Martin Vanquish for Less
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding good insurance for your Aston Martin Vanquish probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Getting online rate quotes for a Aston Martin Vanquish from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Vanquish.
Step Two: How to Insure your Vanquish for Less
How much impact insuring your Aston Martin has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- The Aston Martin Vanquish is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your Vanquish means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- If cheap insurance is your goal, then the Vanquish is maybe not your best choice of vehicle. Sport cars cost more to insure even if you're a good driver.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your Vanquish and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If the Aston Martin Vanquish is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Vanquish will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates