Get Cheaper BMW 328is Insurance in Three Steps
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your BMW 328is.
Step One: Shop Around
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can compare insurance rates for a BMW 328is simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your 328is, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower 328is Insurance
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a 328is.
- When insuring your BMW 328is, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- The more a vehicles costs new, the more likely it is that repairs will cost more as well. Since the 328is is a luxury sport vehicle insurance will cost a little more.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- Due to the sporty nature of the 328is, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your 328is is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your BMW 328is home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new 328is won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates