Three Step Guide to Cheaper BMW 328xi Insurance
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Finding good insurance for your BMW 328xi probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. Not anymore!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a BMW 328xi and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your 328xi, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your 328xi Insurance Premium
How much impact insuring your BMW has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- The BMW 328xi is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- The cost to repair luxury vehicles is generally more than the cost to repair your average domestic family sedan. Everything from paint to bumpers to windshields costs more for the 328xi so expect to pay more for insurance.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Due to the sporty nature of the 328xi, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your 328xi that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the BMW added prior to the expiration of this grace period. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new 328xi if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates