Insure Your BMW 528it For Less Than You Are Paying Now
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Buying insurance on your BMW 528it might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a BMW 528it without even visiting their websites!
To find affordable coverage for your BMW 528it, the first step is to click the link below and complete the short form.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your 528it, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Lower your 528it Insurance Premium
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your 528it insurance rates.
- You can definitely expect to pay a little more for insurance due to the performance level of your BMW 528it. Vehicles with less power and speed tend to cost less to insure.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- 528it replacement parts are more expensive due to the quality of the parts, so you can expect your physical damage rates to be higher to reflect the higher cost of repair.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your 528it is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your 528it that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If the BMW 528it is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used 528it, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates