How to Save on Insurance for your BMW 735il
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Buying insurance on your BMW 735il might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
Comparing insurance rates for a BMW 735il only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your 735il, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: How to Lower your 735il Insurance Premium
What you actually pay to insure your BMW is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- You can definitely expect to pay a little more for insurance due to the performance level of your BMW 735il. Vehicles with less power and speed tend to cost less to insure.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your 735il means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
- If you belong to a professional organization for your employment, you may qualify for a discount rate. And if you're a senior citizen, you may get a discount for your age as well.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- If your vehicle comes with safety features such as electronic stability control, head restraints, all-wheel drive or air bags, these all help keep insurance costs down by helping reduce accident injuries.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your 735il falls into either category, it could cost you.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your 735il that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
Before you drive your BMW 735il home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new 735il will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates