Five Minutes to Cheaper BMW ActiveHybrid5 Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your BMW ActiveHybrid5.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a BMW ActiveHybrid5 and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your ActiveHybrid5 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your ActiveHybrid5 Insurance Premium
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your ActiveHybrid5 insurance rates.
- Since your vehicle is higher performance than average, you can expect to pay a little more for coverage. To keep your costs lower, you may consider trading for a lower performance vehicle that has more moderate rates.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- Repair costs generally trend higher as the price of a vehicle goes up. So by owning a ActiveHybrid5, you can expect higher repair bills and also higher insurance rates because of this.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Even if you don't take advantage of the sporty nature of the ActiveHybrid5, other people will and you'll pay more for insurance based on the higher rating class of the vehicle.
- If your BMW is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Gaps in insurance coverage will cause problems for your insurance rates. Don't let your policy expire without having new coverage in place.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your ActiveHybrid5 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your BMW off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your ActiveHybrid5. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates