Cheaper BMW X3 Insurance in Five Minutes or Less
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Cutting the check for each renewal on your BMW X3 might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. Welcome to the NEW way to buy car insurance!
The first step to finding lower BMW X3 rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To compare rates now, have your current policy handy (if you have one) and click the link below. Complete the short form and move on to step two.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your X3, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on X3 Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your X3 insurance costs.
- If you need the extra performance that your BMW X3 gives you, then you'll have to pay extra to insure it. Higher performance cars tend to be more expensive to insure.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- The cost to repair luxury vehicles is generally more than the cost to repair your average domestic family sedan. Everything from paint to bumpers to windshields costs more for the X3 so expect to pay more for insurance.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- Newer car models are coming standard with advanced passenger safety systems, and these help reduce the risk of injury in an accident. Less injuries mean lower insurance rates.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Knowing which company to insure your X3 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If the BMW X3 is a new purchase and you haven't had car insurance before, make sure you have coverage in place before driving off the lot. If you have other vehicles already covered, then you will have coverage for the new vehicle. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new X3 if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates