Five Minutes to Cheaper Bentley Brooklands Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Bentley Brooklands.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Not anymore!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Bentley Brooklands and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your Brooklands that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your Brooklands Insurance Premium
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Brooklands insurance rates.
- Cheap insurance rates and high performance don't usually mix. If low rates are your goal, the Bentley Brooklands is probably not the best vehicle due to it's above average performance.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a Brooklands. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- If your Bentley is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Brooklands that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Bentley added prior to the expiration of this grace period. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Brooklands. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates