Tightwads Guide to Insuring a Bentley Mulsanne
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. Cutting the check for each renewal on your Bentley Mulsanne might give you the same feeling.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Bentley Mulsanne and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Bentley Mulsanne.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Mulsanne.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your Mulsanne Insurance Cost
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Mulsanne insurance costs.
- If you need the extra performance that your Bentley Mulsanne gives you, then you'll have to pay extra to insure it. Higher performance cars tend to be more expensive to insure.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- The more a vehicles costs new, the more likely it is that repairs will cost more as well. Since the Mulsanne is a luxury sedan vehicle insurance will cost a little more.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your Mulsanne is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
Step Three: Finalize your Policy Details
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
It's critical that your new policy starts the same day that your old policy ends. If you are cancelling mid-term, make sure there is no lapse in coverage before your new policy kicks in.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Bentley Mulsanne will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new Mulsanne won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates