Step-by-step Guide to Cheaper Cadillac Brougham Insurance
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Insuring your Cadillac Brougham is probably no exception.
Step One: Compare Rates
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Life has gotten easier!
The first step to finding lower Cadillac Brougham rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Brougham is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Brougham Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your Brougham insurance rates.
- The Cadillac Brougham is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- The Brougham would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your Brougham. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Most Cadillac vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
Knowing which company to insure your Brougham with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
When buying a new vehicle, coverage will extend from your existing policy. But if you don't have a car insurance policy, you will want to make sure you have coverage BEFORE you drive off the lot. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new Brougham.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates