How to Insure a Chevrolet C3500HD like a Tightwad
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Chevrolet C3500HD.
Step One: Compare Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Not anymore!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Chevrolet C3500HD and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your C3500HD, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on C3500HD Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your C3500HD insurance rates.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your C3500HD. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Equipping your Chevrolet with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Knowing which company to insure your C3500HD with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Chevrolet added prior to the expiration of this grace period. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new C3500HD will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates