How to Lower Your Chevrolet Express 2500 Insurance Rates In Five Minutes or Less
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Chevrolet Express 2500.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. Life has gotten easier!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Chevrolet Express 2500 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Express 2500, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Lower your Express 2500 Insurance Premium
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your Express 2500 insurance rates.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Insurance companies pay attention to which vehicles are stolen the most, so if your car is frequently targeted by thieves, chances are good you will pay more for insurance if you live in certain parts of the country.
- Car insurance rates for a teen driver on a Chevrolet Express 2500 will be expensive no matter what kind of coverage you have. But if you don't need comprehensive and collision, consider dropping those to save money.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Express 2500 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
When buying a new vehicle, coverage will extend from your existing policy. But if you don't have a car insurance policy, you will want to make sure you have coverage BEFORE you drive off the lot. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your Express 2500. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates