Penny Pincher's Guide to Insuring a Chevrolet Express 3500
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Buying insurance on your Chevrolet Express 3500 might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Getting online rate quotes for a Chevrolet Express 3500 from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Express 3500, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Express 3500 Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Chevrolet is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If your insurance company allows driver-specific car rating, you can save money by rating any teenage drivers on low profile vehicles with either no physical damage coverage or very high deductibles.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Express 3500 with.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Chevrolet Express 3500 will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new Express 3500 at risk as soon as you drive away.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates