Chevrolet K3500 Pickup Insurance for Tightwads
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Chevrolet K3500 Pickup.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Chevrolet K3500 Pickup and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your K3500 Pickup.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower K3500 Pickup Insurance
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your K3500 Pickup insurance rates.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your K3500 Pickup is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Most Chevrolet vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your K3500 Pickup. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your Chevrolet K3500 Pickup home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates