Find More Affordable Insurance for your Chevrolet V3500 Pickup
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Chevrolet V3500 Pickup.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Chevrolet V3500 Pickup and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your V3500 Pickup, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower V3500 Pickup Insurance
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your V3500 Pickup insurance rates.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Chevrolet off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new V3500 Pickup if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates