Step-by-step Guide to Cheaper Chrysler Intrepid Insurance
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Chrysler Intrepid.
Step One: Compare Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Not anymore!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a Chrysler Intrepid without even visiting their websites!
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Intrepid is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: How to Insure your Intrepid for Less
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your Intrepid insurance rates.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your Intrepid. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Equipping your Chrysler with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your Intrepid falls into either category, it could cost you.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your Intrepid and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Chrysler added prior to the expiration of this grace period. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Intrepid will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates