Three Step Guide to Cheaper Chrysler Neon Insurance
If shopping your car insurance around was fun, we'd do it much more often. But unfortunately, it's difficult for a lot of people and we always seem to pay more than we should. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your Chrysler Neon.
Step One: Insurance Rate Comparison Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Not anymore!
The first step to finding lower Chrysler Neon rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Chrysler Neon.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your Neon, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: How to Save on Neon Insurance
There are many contributing factors that determine what you pay to insure your Chrysler. You can help yourself (and your wallet) by paying attention to the following rate factors.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your Neon falls into either category, it could cost you.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Equipping your Chrysler with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Gaps in insurance coverage will cause problems for your insurance rates. Don't let your policy expire without having new coverage in place.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
If you have found a good price by comparing quotes and also made informed decisions regarding policy limits, deductibles and other policy options that are available, you can now purchase the policy and bind coverage.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Chrysler added prior to the expiration of this grace period. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Neon will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates