Insure a Dodge Mini Ram Van like a Penny Pincher
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Buying insurance on your Dodge Mini Ram Van might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
You can compare insurance rates for a Dodge Mini Ram Van simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Mini Ram Van.
Step Two: How to Insure your Mini Ram Van for Less
What you actually pay to insure your Dodge is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- If you belong to a professional organization for your employment, you may qualify for a discount rate. And if you're a senior citizen, you may get a discount for your age as well.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your Mini Ram Van is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your Mini Ram Van and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Dodge Mini Ram Van will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Mini Ram Van. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates