Easily Lower your Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup Insurance Rates in Three Steps
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But unfortunately, it's difficult for a lot of people and we always seem to pay more than we should. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Ram 2500 Pickup is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: How to Save on Ram 2500 Pickup Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Dodge is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
If you have found a good price by comparing quotes and also made informed decisions regarding policy limits, deductibles and other policy options that are available, you can now purchase the policy and bind coverage.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used Ram 2500 Pickup, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates