How to Save on Insurance for your Dodge Ram 2500 Wagon Van
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Dodge Ram 2500 Wagon Van.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The first step to finding lower Dodge Ram 2500 Wagon Van rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your Ram 2500 Wagon Van, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your Ram 2500 Wagon Van Insurance Cost
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your Ram 2500 Wagon Van falls into either category, it could cost you.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your Dodge Ram 2500 Wagon Van home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your Ram 2500 Wagon Van. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates