Three Easy Steps to Lower Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup Insurance Rates
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding affordable coverage for your Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
The first step to finding lower Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup insurance costs.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup with.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Pickup will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates