Five Minutes to Cheaper Ferrari 512 TR Insurance
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. Finding affordable insurance for your Ferrari 512 TR is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Rates
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a Ferrari 512 TR without even visiting their websites!
To compare rates now, have your current policy handy (if you have one) and click the link below. Complete the short form and move on to step two.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your 512 TR that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower 512 TR Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your 512 TR insurance rates.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Ferrari 512 TR is no exception.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- OEM repair parts for the 512 TR cost more due to the higher quality. You will pay more for insurance because of this.
- If you are a senior citizen or belong to a particular professional organization, you may qualify for a break on insurance.
- Even if you don't take advantage of the sporty nature of the 512 TR, other people will and you'll pay more for insurance based on the higher rating class of the vehicle.
- Equipping your Ferrari with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If the Ferrari 512 TR is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates