Insure Your Ford Taurus X For Less Than You Are Paying Now
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Ford Taurus X.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Ford Taurus X and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Ford Taurus X.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Taurus X, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower Taurus X Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Taurus X insurance costs.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your Taurus X is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Gaps in insurance coverage will cause problems for your insurance rates. Don't let your policy expire without having new coverage in place.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Ford off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used Taurus X, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates