Step-by-step Guide to Cheaper GMC C1500 Pickup Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding affordable insurance for your GMC C1500 Pickup is probably the same story.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a GMC C1500 Pickup and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your GMC C1500 Pickup.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your C1500 Pickup is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper C1500 Pickup Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your C1500 Pickup insurance rates.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- If your C1500 Pickup ranks on the list of vehicles that are frequently stolen, that can result in a higher rating class and a more expensive rate.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Being a homeowner can often get you a little discount on your auto insurance. Insuring you home with the same company as your autos can often get you even deeper discounts.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your C1500 Pickup with.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If the GMC C1500 Pickup is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used C1500 Pickup, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates