GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup Insurance for Tightwads
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Finding good insurance for your GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
Years ago, your local insurance agent was the only way to quote a buy a car insurance policy. Life has gotten easier!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Sierra 1500 Pickup.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Sierra 1500 Pickup Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Sierra 1500 Pickup insurance rates.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Newer car models are coming standard with advanced passenger safety systems, and these help reduce the risk of injury in an accident. Less injuries mean lower insurance rates.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Sierra 1500 Pickup is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Knowing which company to insure your Sierra 1500 Pickup with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
When buying a new vehicle, coverage will extend from your existing policy. But if you don't have a car insurance policy, you will want to make sure you have coverage BEFORE you drive off the lot. Comprehensive (or Other than Collision) and collision coverage will extend to your new Sierra 1500 Pickup if you current have a vehicle insured with those coverages. If you aren't insured or only carry basic liability coverage, then you will be inadequately insured until you add the vehicle to your policy with full coverage.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. If you're considered a high-risk driver, having been convicted of a DUI, DWI, reckless driving or had your license suspended, you may need to file a SR-22. Be sure your new company files this form with your state DMV. Failure to do so can result in losing your right to drive.
Consumer Insurance Information
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates