Penny Pincher Insurance for your Honda CRX
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Finding good insurance for your Honda CRX probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
Getting online rate quotes for a Honda CRX from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Honda CRX.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your CRX that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on CRX Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your CRX insurance costs.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Equipping your Honda with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your CRX is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If the Honda CRX is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new CRX will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates