How to Insure your Honda Civic Del Sol on a Budget
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Finding insurance for your Honda Civic Del Sol that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a Honda Civic Del Sol without even visiting their websites!
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your Civic Del Sol.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on Civic Del Sol Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Honda is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your Civic Del Sol. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- One of the easiest ways to keep your rates down is to drive safe. One speeding ticket can boost your rates for three years.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Civic Del Sol is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Honda Civic Del Sol will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your Civic Del Sol. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates