How to Save on Insurance for your Hummer H2 SUT
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Hummer H2 SUT.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Hummer H2 SUT and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your H2 SUT, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your H2 SUT Insurance Rates
How much impact insuring your Hummer has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- When insuring your Hummer H2 SUT, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Since SUV's like the H2 SUT generally have a larger power train, they cost a little more to insure.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- Equipping your Hummer with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your H2 SUT is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your Hummer H2 SUT home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new H2 SUT will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates