Three Steps to Paying Less for Infiniti I35 Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Finding good insurance for your Infiniti I35 probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Infiniti I35 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your I35 is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on I35 Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your I35 insurance rates.
- The Infiniti I35 is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- The I35 would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course. You can often make up the cost of the course in as little as a single policy renewal.
- Equipping your Infiniti with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Infiniti off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new I35.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates