How to Save on Insurance for your Jaguar Sovereign
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Finding affordable coverage for your Jaguar Sovereign probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
Getting online rate quotes for a Jaguar Sovereign from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your Sovereign, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: How to Lower your Sovereign Insurance Premium
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Jaguar Sovereign, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Repair costs generally trend higher as the price of a vehicle goes up. So by owning a Sovereign, you can expect higher repair bills and also higher insurance rates because of this.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Sovereign is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Sovereign that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Jaguar off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your Sovereign. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates