Three Steps to Paying Less for Jaguar XJ-12 Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding insurance for your Jaguar XJ-12 that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Welcome to the 21st century!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Jaguar XJ-12 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Same Limits on Quotes! This tip is very important. The only way to accurately compare rates on your XJ-12 is to use the same limits of liability as well as deductibles on physical damage coverage. You won't be able to compare rates if you use different values on your quotes.
Step Two: How to Insure your XJ-12 for Less
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your XJ-12 insurance rates.
- The performance boost offered by your Jaguar XJ-12 is going to force you to spend more for insurance. Consider trading for a lower performance vehicle in order to bring down your rates.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a XJ-12. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course. You can often make up the cost of the course in as little as a single policy renewal.
- One of the easiest ways to keep your rates down is to drive safe. One speeding ticket can boost your rates for three years.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Equipping your Jaguar with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your XJ-12 and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
If you don't currently have a car insurance policy, make sure you have coverage in force before driving your Jaguar off the lot. But if you already have a policy, you will have coverage extended to your new car from your existing policy. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new XJ-12. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
The Insurance Information Institute is the industry authority for consumer car insurance information.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates