Guide to Buying Jaguar XJ-6 Insurance for Less
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. Finding affordable insurance for your Jaguar XJ-6 is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Times have changed!
Getting online rate quotes for a Jaguar XJ-6 from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your XJ-6 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower XJ-6 Insurance
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Jaguar XJ-6 is no exception.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- XJ-6 replacement parts are more expensive due to the quality of the parts, so you can expect your physical damage rates to be higher to reflect the higher cost of repair.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Being a senior citizen can qualify you for a small discount on your insurance rates. Older drivers are generally more cautious so they get a lower rate.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your XJ-6 is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If this is a new policy with only the Jaguar on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used XJ-6, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates