Find More Affordable Insurance for your Jaguar XJ
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding affordable insurance for your Jaguar XJ is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Rates
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Jaguar XJ and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your XJ, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Insure your XJ for Less
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your XJ insurance rates.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Jaguar XJ is no exception.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your XJ is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- Most Jaguar vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your XJ and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
Before you drive your Jaguar XJ home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new XJ. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates