Get Cheaper Jaguar XJS Insurance in Three Steps
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Finding affordable coverage for your Jaguar XJS probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
The first step to finding lower Jaguar XJS rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your XJS, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on XJS Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your XJS that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Jaguar XJS, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- XJS replacement parts are more expensive due to the quality of the parts, so you can expect your physical damage rates to be higher to reflect the higher cost of repair.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- Equipping your Jaguar with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your XJS is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- Small claims that may only exceed your physical damage deductibles by a small amount are better off not being submitted to your company. Just pay the extra hundred dollars or two and keep a claim-free discount on your policy.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a XJS. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If the Jaguar XJS is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used XJS, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates