Guide to Buying Jaguar XKR-S Insurance for Less
If finding the lowest rate on car insurance was easy, most people would have no trouble paying less. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Finding good insurance for your Jaguar XKR-S probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Online Rate Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Jaguar XKR-S and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To find affordable coverage for your Jaguar XKR-S, the first step is to click the link below and complete the short form.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your XKR-S that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on XKR-S Insurance
How much impact insuring your Jaguar has on your wallet is controlled by many different factors. Here are some ways to reduce the negatives and improve the positives.
- The Jaguar XKR-S is a higher performance vehicle, but do you really need the increased speed or power? Vehicles with more moderate performance are usually cheaper to insure.
- If you belong to a professional organization for your employment, you may qualify for a discount rate. And if you're a senior citizen, you may get a discount for your age as well.
- OEM repair parts for the XKR-S cost more due to the higher quality. You will pay more for insurance because of this.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Jaguar XKR-S, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates