Guide to Buying Jaguar XKR Insurance for Less
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Insuring your Jaguar XKR is probably no exception.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Times have changed!
Comparing insurance rates for a Jaguar XKR only require you to enter your information once. You'll receive multiple quotes and can easily compare rates.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your XKR that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on XKR Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Jaguar is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- The Jaguar XKR is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- If your Jaguar is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes or a security system, insurance companies will often give a minor discount for those.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- If your XKR ranks on the list of vehicles that are frequently stolen, that can result in a higher rating class and a more expensive rate.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
If this is a new policy with only the Jaguar on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new XKR. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
All states require you to keep the proof-of-insurance or financial responsibility card in your vehicle at all times. Failure to produce this document can result in a citation. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates