Find More Affordable Insurance for your Lexus ES 300
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Finding affordable coverage for your Lexus ES 300 probably is no different.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Lexus ES 300 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your ES 300, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Lower your ES 300 Insurance Premium
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your ES 300 insurance rates.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Lexus ES 300, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- The more a vehicles costs new, the more likely it is that repairs will cost more as well. Since the ES 300 is a luxury sedan vehicle insurance will cost a little more.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your ES 300 is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- A lead foot will result in higher insurance rates. Slow down, don't get tickets and you'll pay less.
- Car insurance rates for a teen driver on a Lexus ES 300 will be expensive no matter what kind of coverage you have. But if you don't need comprehensive and collision, consider dropping those to save money.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your ES 300 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Before you drive your Lexus ES 300 home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new ES 300 won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates