Three Easy Steps to Lower Lincoln Zephyr Insurance Rates
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. Buying insurance on your Lincoln Zephyr might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
You can compare insurance rates for a Lincoln Zephyr simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your Zephyr.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your Zephyr Insurance Cost
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Zephyr insurance costs.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Zephyr is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- When repairing accident damage on luxury vehicles, body shops charge more because the replacement parts are more expensive. Everything from a fender to a tail light will cost more to replace so your insurance rates will be higher as well.
- Being a senior citizen can qualify you for a small discount on your insurance rates. Older drivers are generally more cautious so they get a lower rate.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- One of the easiest ways to keep your rates down is to drive safe. One speeding ticket can boost your rates for three years.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
Before you drive your Lincoln Zephyr home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Zephyr. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates