Three Steps to Cheaper Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But it's actually not a real enjoyable process for the majority of people and we always seem to end up paying too much. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
The old way of buying car insurance was to make multiple trips to various local agents and get strong armed into a policy that didn't necessarily fit you. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your Mazda MX-5 Miata is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your MX-5 Miata, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Best Ways to Lower your MX-5 Miata Insurance Cost
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your MX-5 Miata insurance rates.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Due to the sporty nature of the MX-5 Miata, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Teen drivers have a tendancy to learn the hard way when driving, and that means having a few fender-benders. Rating them on a high profile newer vehicle can be very expensive so you might consider buying an older model vehicle for them to drive and only insure it with liability coverage.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your MX-5 Miata falls into either category, it could cost you.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Purchasing an insurance policy is more than just clicking a button. You need to have funds available to make payment and you need to be sure that the coverages are adequate for your personal situation.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Mazda MX-5 Miata will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Your existing car insurance policy will give you some coverage if you buy a new or used MX-5 Miata, but unless you are already paying for full coverage, you won't have it until you add the vehicle to your policy.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. Depending on your state's statutes, you may be required to file an SR-22 form if you've been convicted of an uninsured accident, DUI or license suspension. Make sure your new company is aware of this requirement and files it promptly.
More Educational Resources
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates