Penny Pincher Insurance for your Mazda MX3 Precidia
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mazda MX3 Precidia.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Not anymore!
You can compare insurance rates for a Mazda MX3 Precidia simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your MX3 Precidia that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper MX3 Precidia Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your MX3 Precidia that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- How is your credit rating? The better credit you have, the less insurance will cost for your MX3 Precidia. If you have bad credit, work on improving your credit score and repair past credit problems.
- Before a comprehensive or collision claim is paid by your company, you have to pay a deductible first. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be. Consider raising your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Even if you don't take advantage of the sporty nature of the MX3 Precidia, other people will and you'll pay more for insurance based on the higher rating class of the vehicle.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your MX3 Precidia with.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you are adding a vehicle to an existing policy and not buying a new one, just make sure to get the vehicle added as soon as possible. Every insurance company offers a grace period to add new vehicles, so make sure you get the Mazda added prior to the expiration of this grace period. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates