Easily Lower your Mazda Protege 5 Insurance Rates in Three Steps
If searching for lower car insurance rates was a good time, we'd have no problem finding the best rate. But unfortunately, it's difficult for a lot of people and we always seem to pay more than we should. You might feel the same pain when having to pay the bill on your Mazda Protege 5.
Step One: Compare Rates from Multiple Companies
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mazda Protege 5 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Protege 5 is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: How to Save on Protege 5 Insurance
What you actually pay to insure your Mazda is determined by many factors, some of which you have no control over.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- If you can afford to pay for small claims like a broken windshield out of pocket, it will keep small claims off your record and give you a claim-free discount.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
Step Three: Choose the Right Company for You
If you have found a good price by comparing quotes and also made informed decisions regarding policy limits, deductibles and other policy options that are available, you can now purchase the policy and bind coverage.
Car insurance policies don't have to be cancelled at the renewal date, but just be sure the new policy starts the same day you cancel your old policy. This avoids any gaps in coverage between policies.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Mazda Protege 5 will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Protege 5 will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates