Penny Pincher's Guide to Insuring a Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Finding affordable insurance for your Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is probably the same story.
Step One: Shop Around
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Welcome to the NEW way to buy car insurance!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG and you can compare their rates by entering your information only one time.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your C32 AMG, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on C32 AMG Insurance
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a C32 AMG.
- Vehicles that are considered high performance will have a higher insurance price tag that your average family sedan. The Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is no exception.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your C32 AMG means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- If you have a period where you don't have any insurance coverage, that's called a lapse. The longer the lapse, the more you'll pay to reinstate coverage.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Safety features such as passive restraints and air bag systems help reduce injuries in and accident, and car insurance companies will charge lower rates if these features are present.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- If your C32 AMG ranks on the list of vehicles that are frequently stolen, that can result in a higher rating class and a more expensive rate.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
If the Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is a new purchase and you haven't had car insurance before, make sure you have coverage in place before driving off the lot. If you have other vehicles already covered, then you will have coverage for the new vehicle. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new C32 AMG will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
After completing your policy purchase, you can print out the proof-of-insurance card to place in your car. Always keep the current card available in case requested by law enforcement or if you are in an accident. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates