How to Lower Your Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Insurance Rates In Five Minutes or Less
If we enjoyed shopping for car insurance, we'd do it more often. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.
Step One: Get Insurance Quotes
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your C63 AMG, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on C63 AMG Insurance
After completing step one and having some rates to compare, you can now focus on policy and lifestyle modifications that will lower your C63 AMG insurance rates.
- Since your vehicle is higher performance than average, you can expect to pay a little more for coverage. To keep your costs lower, you may consider trading for a lower performance vehicle that has more moderate rates.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your C63 AMG means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- If you've recently completed a driver's training or safety course, tell your insurance company. You may qualify for a 5-10% discount.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- Equipping your Mercedes-Benz with available safety features such as air bags and passive restraints allows you to take advantage of additional discounts.
- Particular years and models of cars tend to be frequently stolen, and if your C63 AMG is on that list, chances are your insurance company knows it and will ding you a little extra because of it.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- If you own a home, you may get a break on your car insurance. Home ownership demonstrates financial responsibility.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
Before you drive your Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new C63 AMG will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates