How to Insure your Mercedes-Benz CLK350 on the Cheap
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Finding affordable coverage for your Mercedes-Benz CLK350 probably is no different.
Step One: Shop Around
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. But now you can eliminate that hassle and buy online!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your Mercedes-Benz CLK350 is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your CLK350.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper CLK350 Insurance
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a CLK350.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Mercedes-Benz CLK350, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- Being a senior citizen can qualify you for a small discount on your insurance rates. Older drivers are generally more cautious so they get a lower rate.
- Owning a luxury vehicle like your CLK350 means you'll pay a little more for insurance due to the higher cost of repair parts.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Most of us have received a ticket at one time or another. If you get a ticket for a minor violation, find out if there is a safe driving class you can take to keep the ticket off your driving record.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your CLK350 with.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Any time you buy a new vehicle, make sure you have car insurance in place, either from an existing policy or a new policy that you purchase from the dealership floor. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new CLK350 will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates