Penny Pincher Insurance for your Mercedes-Benz CLK550
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Finding affordable coverage for your Mercedes-Benz CLK550 probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
Getting online rate quotes for a Mercedes-Benz CLK550 from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Compare rates now by clicking the link below. In just a few minutes you'll have a good idea of what insurance will cost for your Mercedes-Benz CLK550.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your CLK550 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on CLK550 Insurance
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your CLK550 insurance costs.
- Some people just like the looks of a higher performance vehicle like the Mercedes-Benz CLK550, but even if you don't use the extra power it's going to cost you more when your insurance bill arrives.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your CLK550 is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- Repair shops have more expenses when repairing damage on luxury vehicles, so they will charge your insurance company more to make the repairs. This will be evident in your insurance rates even if you don't have a claim.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- A single speeding ticket can cost you several hundreds of dollars over the next three years thanks to increased car insurance rates. Slow down and drive safely.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Before you drive your Mercedes-Benz CLK550 home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new CLK550 at risk as soon as you drive away.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates