Get Cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLK250 Insurance in Three Steps
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mercedes-Benz SLK250.
Step One: Shop Around
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Times have changed!
The first step to finding lower Mercedes-Benz SLK250 rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your SLK250, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your SLK250 Insurance Premium
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a SLK250.
- When insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLK250, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- Repair shops have more expenses when repairing damage on luxury vehicles, so they will charge your insurance company more to make the repairs. This will be evident in your insurance rates even if you don't have a claim.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- Due to the sporty nature of the SLK250, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- To keep your rates low, don't file excessive claims on your policy. Insurance is meant to cover large losses, not small damage that you can pay for out-of-pocket.
- Do you keep your credit rating in good shape? If you do, you will get a better rate than if you let your credit score slide. Check your credit score regularly to make sure there are few blemishes on your record.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- Gaps in insurance coverage will cause problems for your insurance rates. Don't let your policy expire without having new coverage in place.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your SLK250 is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your SLK250 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If this is a new policy with only the Mercedes-Benz on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new SLK250 at risk as soon as you drive away.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates