Three Steps to Cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Insurance
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Mercedes-Benz SLK280.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Mercedes-Benz SLK280 and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your SLK280, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your SLK280 Insurance Premium
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your SLK280 insurance costs.
- When insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLK280, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Repair costs generally trend higher as the price of a vehicle goes up. So by owning a SLK280, you can expect higher repair bills and also higher insurance rates because of this.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Due to the sporty nature of the SLK280, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- Every parent dreads the day when their teenager gets added to their policy. If you are a teenager, or if you have one on your policy, expect to pay significantly more each year.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Newer car models are coming standard with advanced passenger safety systems, and these help reduce the risk of injury in an accident. Less injuries mean lower insurance rates.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your SLK280 is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- Do not allow your current car insurance coverage to lapse or expire. Insurance companies have a simple way to find out when your last policy ended (called a CLUE report), and if you went without coverage for any length of time you may pay more for coverage.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your SLK280 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
Before you drive your Mercedes-Benz SLK280 home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your SLK280. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates