Find More Affordable Insurance for your Oldsmobile Calais
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Buying insurance on your Oldsmobile Calais might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Rates
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Times have changed!
Comparing apples-to-apples price quotes for your Oldsmobile Calais is made easy by only requiring one form to be completed. This will shop your coverage with multiple companies and allow you to easily compare rates.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your Calais, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Calais Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your Calais insurance rates.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- If you're not sure what your credit rating is, check it now. Car insurance companies use your credit score to determine the rates you pay, so the better your credit, the less you will pay.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Driver's safety courses will often get you a discount off your rates. Check to see if your company offers the discount and find a qualifying class in your area.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- Most Oldsmobile vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Renting a house or apartment rather than owning a home may keep you from paying the lowest rates on car insurance. Home ownership is viewed as being more financially responsible than renting.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- Thieves tend to steal certain makes and models of vehicles more than others, and if your car is on that list, expect to pay higher insurance rates because of it.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Knowing which company to insure your Calais with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If this is a new policy with only the Oldsmobile on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new Calais at risk as soon as you drive away.
Once you finish buying your new policy, you will need to print out the proof-of-insurance card that is provided by your new company. This card is proof that you meet the state's minimum liability limits and is required to be kept in your vehicle. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates